Imagine wanting to watch the new video of your favorite Youtuber but when you start the video it does not open and even by repeating the action you have the same result. Why YouTube is not working? How to fix YouTube video bugs? We give you the answer to this question here.
Youtube says im offline chrome Fixed?
When such a breakdown of this product on such a big platform as YouTube, we tend to think immediately that the problem necessarily comes from us, the users, but this is not always the case. YouTube has been interrupted a few times all over the world but this happens very rarely.
In this situation, you notice on the screen messages like “An error has occurred. Please try again later”, “Server connection lost. There seems to be a problem with your internet connection”, “YouTube video not available”, “a problem has occurred, press to try again”, “Youtube says im offline”, youre offline check your connection youtube. If you encounter one of these messages, the first thing to do is to check if the problem is not with YouTube itself.
For this, you must consult crowdsourcing platforms that will give you a diagnosis of YouTube. The most used are:
If the Youtube platform does not crash, then why you cannot play the videos on your phone or PC? This may be due to a malfunction of the Google-related account used to log in to YouTube and the authentication service provided by a third-party developer, or a problem with the browser.
Simply put, once you can’t sign in to your Google account, YouTube on your phone can’t play videos. Here are the main reasons:
- YouTube does not work with some browsers
- Some YouTube features are not available
- The video is loading but will not play
- The YouTube website not loading at all
Solution – Youtube says im offline chrome
The interfaces with which YouTube is most viewed are naturally computers and mobile phones. We will focus on computers using Google Chrome as a web browser because statistics show that they are the most affected by this problem with YouTube.
- Check network connection
- Refresh YouTube Page
- Change video quality
- Reopen the browser
- Check Extension
- Clear cache and cookies
1. Check the network connection when youtube says im offline chrome
It may seem trivial, but one of the reasons for YouTube not working can be the speed of the internet connection which is not strong enough to launch the YouTube video or the YouTube video does not launch.
If your computer fails to reach the Internet network, you can use the Windows automatic troubleshooting system to detect and solve your YouTube connection problem.
2. Refresh the YouTube page after youtube says im offline chrome pc
If YouTube is not working, there may be a browser or tab failure. You can simply refresh the YouTube page opened on the Chrome browser. By doing this you relaunch the connection to the YouTube server to join the network.
To update your page there are three possibilities:
- Either click on the button in the shape of a circle located at the top left of the screen.
- Either right-click on the tab and select “ Refresh”.
- Or more simply use the keyboard shortcut ” Ctrl + R“.
3. Change video quality
Another solution is to reduce the video quality in the settings. When your video is slow to load it is often due to low internet speed; to continue playing your video, you will just have to reduce the quality of the images.
Step 1. Click on the settings badge below the video.
Step 2. Select a lower quality than the one used.
4. Reopen the browser if youtube says im offline
It could be that the browser opened with errors, you can simply close the Google Chrome browser and open it again then relaunch youtube.com.
Step 1. Open Chrome on your computer.
Step 2. Click on the 3 dots at the top right, then choose ” parameter “.
Step 3. Click on “ Security and Privacy ”.
Step 4. Click on ” site settings “.
6. Check Extension
Extensions are small software gadgets that can be very often useful when browsing in chrome. They are found on the Google web store and each of them is usually affiliated with a website.
7. Clear cache and Cookies whenever “youtube says im offline chrome”
YouTube not working on Android and iPhone – youtube says im offline
Can’t play videos on your phone? Is YouTube not working on my phone? In the same way that this problem with YouTube occurs on computers, it can also occur on your phones both Android and iPhone. To fix this YouTube video bug on your phone, here are some tips:
- Check network connection
- Close and reopen YouTube
- Update or reinstall YouTube
- Restart the device
- Check date and time settings
- Delete the Youtube app cache
1. Check network connection to fix “youre offline check your connection youtube”
Unable to watch YouTube videos may be due to server overload, internet or router issues, browser cache, or buffering issues caused by IP address range.
If there is a YouTube connection problem on Android or iPhone, just like on a computer, the internet connection signal may simply not be strong enough to play the YouTube video. You can try disconnecting your wifi on the phone and connecting it again. You can switch to another WiFi or mobile data, open YouTube again and try to play the unplayable video.
2. Close and reopen YouTube to fix the Youtube video bug
When YouTube videos not playing or there is a problem playing Youtube videos on phones, you can simply close the app and reopen it again.
3. Update or reinstall YouTube
When there is a problem connecting YouTube on Android, it is possible that the app version is outdated and YouTube needs to be updated to work properly. In case updating the Youtube application does not solve the problem, uninstall then reinstall the application and restart the video.
youre offline check your connection youtube – iPhone Fixed
- Open “App Store” on the main screen,
- click “profile picture” on the top of the screen, and
- scroll down to find apps to update and version remarks.
- If the YouTube app is too old – please click “Update” beside to update to the latest version.
youtube says im offline chrome – Android Fixed
- Open “Settings” on the main screen and
- enter “Apps Management”,
- click “Apps List” and
- scroll down to find YouTube to
- enter the page to check the version and update.
4. Restart the Device to Fix YouTube Not Working
Another easy way to fix the Youtube video playing problem on your phone is to restart your phone to restore the system. You can refresh the phone’s background to run the app. To do this, just hold the power button for 5 seconds and the phone will turn off.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and slide it to the right.
- Once the phone is off, turn it back on.
- Run the YouTube app again, and open and play the video you want to watch.
- Press the volume down button and side power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds to force a restart.
- Then restart the YouTube program again.
- Check if the video can be played normally.
5. Check date and time settings
If your clock is not set correctly, Google services may malfunction. Google search is one of them, as is the YouTube app. You can thus define your settings to automatically adjust the time and date of your smartphone.
Follow these steps to enable it:
- Go to settings.
- Click on ” Advanced settings “.
- Click on “ Date and time ” and activate the button.
6. Delete the Youtube app cache
Just like a computer, when a YouTube video won’t play on a phone, it could be that the app’s cache data is too large and the phone’s storage is full. It is necessary to clear the caches in the apps to fix the YouTube connection problem.
Fix youtube says im offline chrome iPhone Steps
- From the main screen, go to Settings.
- iPhone Storage.
- YouTube, and tap “Delete App” to delete app cache data.
Fix youtube says im offline chrome Android Steps
- Go to Settings from the main screen,
- select Application Management and
- click Application List,
- find YouTube > Storage > Clear Cache, then restart YouTube to play videos.