The PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error is considered to be one of the most well-known problems related to Windows errors. This is a worrying sign that you have a software problem or something with the hardware.
What is this error and what is the main reason it occurs?
Before you start troubleshooting the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA 0x00000050 error, you should know what it is and why it occurs. PAGE ERROR IN NON-PAGED AREA in Windows 7, 8 or 10 is one of two main problems:
The most common problem – This means that part of your computer or laptop is not properly connected or is worn out.
This is preceded by mechanical damage to the computer. In addition, the contacts oxidize over time.
Too hot – The coolant begins to degrade over time due to the end of its life and the accumulation of dust.
This is also the driving force behind the emergence of PAGE ERRORS IN NONPAGED AREA in Windows 10.
Problems in the software part of the operating system. PAGE ERROR IN NON-PAGED AREA occurs due to improper installation of a program that causes a conflict with the system. The most common mistakes are:
The reason is the wrong installation or the wrong version is selected which is not compatible with the current system.
Some software is not compatible with Windows 10. When downloading or purchasing, read carefully for which operating system the device is designed.
This is the most common reason for a blue screen saying ERROR PAGE DOES NOT CLOSE.
Methods for troubleshooting the error
First, let’s see how to fix PAGE ERROR IN NON-PAGED AREA regarding physical issues. The fact is that such disorders are much easier to diagnose. There are several procedures you can do yourself to identify the problem:
If you think that an external device is connected to a laptop or desktop computer with “bent hands”, then just turn it off for a while and follow the further operation of the device.
In most cases, the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error occurs due to problems with the graphics card and motherboard. Try to find workers. Transfer it to your computer and test it. For normal work with new parts, take a new motherboard or graphics card.
Now we will tell you how to solve software problems.
Reloading the paging file
Windows uses disk space to speed things up. To do this, it creates a specified exchange file for quick access to frequently used programs. If it breaks, Windows cannot get the data it needs and crashes with a critical Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area. So try to recreate this file as follows to solve the problem.
- Open system properties with the SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe command, which is started via the Run window (Win + R).
- On the Advanced tab, in the Performance section, click the Options button. In the next window, select Advanced and click “Change” in the Virtual Memory section.
- Deselect “Automatically select paging file size”. Then enable the “No replacement files” checkbox. Click “OK” to save your changes and close all windows, then restart your computer.
- After restarting, repeat the steps to return to the Virtual Memory tab. Select the System Selectable Size checkbox and click Set. Then select the automatically select Exchange site check box again. Save changes and restart the system.
- Then any damaged parts of the paging file will be deleted. If the blue screen with the Page Fault in Nonpaged area stop code cannot be enabled, continue to the next step.
Fix registry entries
If the PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA is related to a problem with a registry entry, it should be resolved. This can be done in two ways:
Move the problem item from the config\RegBack folder to the top-level configuration directory. This action replaces the original file.
Run command line as administrator
- After starting, enter the command “diskpart” in the line and then after pressing ENTER “Volume list”. Make a note of the volume label responsible for the system disk (most often marked as boot, also identifiable by its name). Then enter “exit”.
- For final recovery, set the command “xcopy F:\windows\system32\config\regback F:\windows\system32\config”. Instead of F you have to specify system device. Press A to confirm.
- Files are copied and data must be saved in the “RegBack” folder.
- Now simply close the command line and restart your computer.
- Virus scan
- Virus infection on the computer can also cause the computer to display PAGE IN NONPAGED AREAS. This will remove all viruses.
- Sometimes all you need to do to fix ERROR PAGES IN NONPAGED AREA is clean the disk. This is very easy to do with the cleanmgr utility.
- Press WIN + R and enter the command cleanmgr.
- Click OK.
- And we are waiting.
Then check the box next to the section you want to share.
Issues PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA and outdated drivers can also be fixed. The easiest way is to install automatic driver updates. Follow the instructions:
- Click the Edit Start button and select system.
- Select additional options.
- A window opens; click “Device installation parameters”.
- Set the desired option and save.
Once you know which driver is the problem, update it. To do this, right-click on “Start” and select Device Manager > Then select the device and right click to update the software.
Windows system recovery
“Right-click” on Pc shortcut at the desktop or select Properties from the options. Select protection and click “Restore”. A suggested restore point window will appear. Click Next. Click Finish. The system will do everything by itself. This is an easy way to quickly restore system and fix PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA.
You can install automatic system updates:
- Start – Settings.
- Select “Update and Protection”
- You should then “Check for updates”
- Updates are then found and installed.
- Check RAM for errors.
Check the RAM for errors
- Press “WIN + R” and enter “mdsched.exe”.
- Open “Memory check” and select “Restart and check (recommended)”.
- The computer will restart and start scanning.
- Any problems with RAM will be displayed on the screen.
- Check and repair system files.
To do this, run the command line (right mouse button at the beginning). Enter the command chkdsk /f. Press Y and reboot. Inspection and repair will begin. We hope this article was useful to you and has helped you to resolve the blue screen issue related to the “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” code.
Third party programs and games
There are cases where error messages appear on page fault in nonpaged area after installing or updating certain programs (mostly AVAST, ESET, Kaspersky, COMODO Antivirus) or games.
Remove the blue screen by disabling or uninstalling antivirus, other applications, or.
Start the SFC utility
Sometimes the Page Fault In Nonpaged Area error can be caused by corrupted Windows files. Run the SFC command to find it and check system integrity.
Enter cmd in the system search box. When you see the results found run as administrator.
In the console run the command:
SFC / Scannow
Wait for the scan to complete and restart your computer.
Check the ChkDsk hard drive
If the computer is not shut down properly, program installations are forcibly interrupted, errors in the file system accumulate on the disk, which can eventually cause a blue Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area screen. Run the built-in ChkDsk utility to fix it.
In the console run the command:
chkdsk / f / r
If a message appears stating that the command could not be executed because the volume is being used by another process, confirm that it was started after a reboot by pressing “Y (yes)”.
Once the scan is complete check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Damage to motherboard components
Also, due to the motherboard, a blue screen with an error message may appear on the page in a non-periodic area. On the side there may be damaged slots for RAM, PCI Express, PCI, SATA, other chips, physical damage, micro cracks. It is almost impossible to self-diagnose.
All that is possible is a close look, including the capacitors. They should be normal, intact, and not swollen.
For a more complex diagnosis, it is better to take the motherboard for repair.
The components of the motherboard are the devices that are connected to it. For example hard drives, memory modules, graphics cards, Wi-Fi adapters, sound cards, etc.
So check the performance of each device, make sure it is compatible with your hardware and Windows installed, and update the software.
Incompatibility of connected devices
A fairly common problem where page error messages appears in unprinted areas after connecting third party peripherals are flash drives, phones, USB adapters, WIFI adapters and more.
It’s very easy to check, all you have to do is turn off all unnecessary devices (except mouse and keyboard) and check for errors.
We have seen a number of solutions to the page fault error. If none of these works for you. Let us know in comments. We update you as soon as possible. Thank you.